Thursday, March 15, 2012

A visit to Living Heart Cafe

I invited Aida, Kinkulla and Tanya to join me for lunch at Living Heart´s Cafe in Ollantaytambo, where the train leaves for Machu Picchu. The cafe is located at the corner of the road leading to the ruins and the road leading to the train station. The cafe recently moved to this great location and the restsurant itself is beautiful with a view of the ruins. The profits from the cafe go to support the programs of the NGO/ONGm, Living Heart Peru. We spent a very enjoyable afternoon eating wonderful food and travelling by bus about one hour each way.
One of the things I am doing is spending at least one afternoon each week in the Cafe talking with guest and making them aware of the work of Living Heart. I have met travellers from Austrailia, Ireland, US, Canada, Sweden, Japan, China. It is a lot of fun for me, everyone is in a good mood, they are on vacation and enjoying the ambience and good food in the cafe. I met a teacher from Boston who is interested in acquainting her students in Boston with the children in Sacred Valley.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I am enjoying your blog. It emanates peace and the photos are amazing.
    Love,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete