Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Arriving in Cusco and Calca on 2/16

When I arrived at the airport in Cusco I was warmly greeted by Kinkulla and I needed help with my luggage because I brought an extra suitcase full of clothes for the children in the highlands that Living Heart serves.
Upon arriving at the house in Calca I was so happy to see Aida and to meet her daughter Tanya who was visiting from Arequipa, a town I plan to visit this time. The garden is stunningly beautiful and I savored the sights and smells and of course the mountains that are all around.
  After a wonderful lunch prepared by Aida I took a nap. It is recommended to rest the first day in the high altitude, it works for me and helps me adapt with out any problems.
The day I arrived Aida had hosted tourists for lunch in her home, she served them a 4 course meal of special Peruvian dishes. So it was a busy day for her. She gets referrals from a travel agency to serve lunch to tourists from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment