Saturday, March 3, 2012

Leaving Lima for the Sacred Valley

The purpose of my trip to Peru this time is to volunteer with a project in the Sacred Valley called Living Heart Peru www.livingheartperu.org. When I was in Peru two years ago, I learned about the project and decided when I returned I would volunteer.

I left Lima for Cusco on Thursday 2/15 and was greeted warmly at the airport by Kinkulla ( the family I lived with two years ago). It is a one hour taxi ride from Cusco to Calca where I am living.
When I arrived at the house I was welcomed by Aida and her daughter Tanya who was visiting from Arequipa. It was wonderful to see all of them again and to enjoy a very delicious lunch.
I felt very at home surrounded by the mountains and the beautiful gardens that Aida has created, her garden is both beautiful, filled with color, and bountiful, she has been enriching the soil with compost and the result is lots of vegetables and fruits, the avocados fresh from the garden are a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment