Sunday, November 1, 2009

the garden, Cusco and visit to Ollantaytambo

The attached pictures are of the garden I sit in each morning before I go to school. The Cusco picture is of the plaza and there is always music on the Cathredal steps.

The remaining pictures are of Ollantaytambo which I visited with Tanika and Murela.
I visited Ollantaytambo, it took me a while to pronouce this correctly. This was an important Incan site, it was of military importance because the Incans could view and guard the valleys all around them, they also grew and stored food here high up in the mountains, they could store food for two years, it was also a ceremonial site as well. The Incas won a battle against the Spanish here. It is quite amazing to see how they designed their buildings and carried these huge stones several hunded tons to such a height.

No comments:

Post a Comment